OSMOLEX® ER (amantadine) is not available in retail pharmacies. If you are prescribed OSMOLEX® ER, you must be enrolled through AccessOsmolex™, a program designed to provide access and financial support to eligible patients.
What is AccessOsmolex?
AccessOsmolex is a support service center that is used by your doctor to fulfill your OSMOLEX® ER prescription. AccessOsmolex also helps provide eligible patients with coverage and affordability options for their OSMOLEX® ER treatment plan.
If your doctor prescribes you
OSMOLEX® ER, they will need to enroll
you by sending the prescription to
- You will have to sign a patient authorization form to complete the enrollment, but your doctor will handle the rest
- Once you are enrolled, the AccessOsmolex team will work with you to find the program and financial support option that is right for you
If you have already been prescribed OSMOLEX® ER and have questions about your prescription,
call the AccessOsmolex Support Center at 1-833-OSMOLEX (1-833-676-6539).
What other resources are available to Parkinson’s disease patients?
There are many organizations focused on research, advocacy, care, and support for the Parkinson’s disease community. These include national nonprofits, medical and research centers, government agencies, regional support groups, and advocacy groups. Each has its own special focus, but all share the common goals of improving the lives of those affected by Parkinson’s disease and someday finding a cure.
Such groups provide support and information to the Parkinson’s disease community, including those who have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease or parkinsonism, and their caregivers, families, friends, and healthcare providers.
- The American Parkinson Disease Association
- The Bachmann-Strauss Dystonia & Parkinson’s Foundation
- The Davis Phinney Foundation
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
- The Parkinson’s Foundation
- The Parkinson’s Alliance
- The Veteran’s Affairs Parkinson’s Disease Research, Education, and Clinical Centers
- Partners in Parkinson’s
- Medicare Part D: A First Look at Prescription Drug Plans in 2018. Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation website. https://www.kff.org/report-section/medicare-part-d-a-first-look-at-prescription-drug-plans-in-2018-findings/. Published October 13, 2017. Accessed April 12, 2018.
- 2017 Employer Health Benefits Survey. Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation website. https://www.kff.org/report-section/ehbs-2017-section-9-prescription-drug-benefits/. Published September 19, 2017. Accessed April 12, 2018.